Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Patient died due to electrocution in Chandigarh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mohanlal panda <>
Date: Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Subject: Patient died due to electrocution in Chandigarh


The Chairperson


New Delhi.




Greetings from PVCHR.


Please refer to the news in the link and the report:

Chandigarh: A patient Kindher Singh was electrocuted to death due to a short circuit while undergoing treatment at the premier PGI hospital in Chandigarh.

When the doctors attempted to jumpstart his heart, the defibrillator, the machine that is used to pump the heart by applying mild shock, malfunctioned. Following this, Kindher's heart deteriorated after a liver surgery.

His family members said that he had undergone liver surgery three days back and was initially recovering well, but his condition started deteriorating rapidly.

His relative Sarbjeet Singh said, "He died immediately after the short-circuit. His body has been burnt due to the fire."

Kindher Singh hails from Doraha in Punjab's Ludhiana district.

Chandigarh police said that the matter is being investigated and action will be taken as per legal provisions.

Patient death 'freak accident': PGIMER

The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) called the death of Kindher Singh being burnt alive in the hospital's Emergency recovery room as a "freak accident" and constituted a committee to investigate the matter.

PGIMER authorities maintained that the death was a "freak accident" and a committee would investigate the matter so that its recurrence could be avoided.

The victim was admitted to PGIMER a month ago and had been operated for a liver disorder on Saturday.





Sir, on behalf of PVCHR, I request you to look into the matter and take necessary action.


With regards,


Dr. Mohanlal Panda

Advisor, PVCHR

B-202, Neelachal Appt, Plot-3, Sector-4

Dwarka, New Delhi-110075

Mobile: :+91-9818499296

Main Office: SA 4/2 A, Daulatpur, Varanasi-221002


No comments:

Post a Comment